Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
You need to install, if possible, via apt-get or whatever package manager you have a utility called "UNetboot". Or you can download it directly from the authors website, here:
Run unetbootin, and select "FreeDOS" from the drop down menu. This will then create you a USB bootable disk. Unmount and unplug, then re-plug the USB drive and extract the bios files to the disk. Reboot. The 33xx.bat file will be on the C: drive after booting from the disk.
- Download the HP USB Stick format tool. It will work with any USB stick from any manufacturer.
- Use the settings "FAT" and "Create a DOS startup disk":
- Extract this ZIP file and point the "using system files" location to it.
- When its done formatting, close the program and copy all files from that ZIP file onto the USB stick.
- You now have a bootable USB stick! Plug it into your Aspire One, press power, press F2 at the ACER screen, and navigate to 'Boot' option. Then, press F6 to bring 'USB HDD' to #1. Then, Navigate to Quit, and select Exit Saving changes.
- It should then boot from the USB drive.